Find me on FaceBook
BA, MA, Doctorate in Educational Leadership
Teacher (Escondido SD), Principal (VUSD Juanamaria School), Director (VUSD), Assistant Superintendent (VUSD) and District Superintendent (Hueneme SD).
Adjunct Professor of Education at California State University at Channel Islands, California Lutheran University and California State University Northridge
PTA Vice-President and Treasurer
President of the Escondido Elementary Educators Association
Numerous community service clubs
Ventura resident since 1986
Husband, Father and Grandfather
Other Professional Experience
President of the Ventura County Schools Self-Funding Authority (the organization through which the school district buys all of its liability and workers compensation insurance)
Board of Directors, Ventura Gold Coast Benefits Trust (organization that provides health benefits to district employees)
State Board of Directors for the Association of California School Administrators
Served on National Committee to improve the education of the children of military members (appointed by the governor to the state commission on overseeing the education of our military dependents)
Consistent spokesperson for public education in Washington D.C. and Sacramento
Recognized for educational leadership for Association of California School Administrators
President Association California School Administrators Region 13
California School Board’s Association Governance Workshops
Served as President of local Rotary Club
Boy Scout Troop Leader
Awards and Honors
Principal of a California Distinguished School (VUSD Juanamaria)
From the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA):
- Principal of the Year
- Central Office Administrator of the Year
- Personnel Administrator of the Year
- Superintendent of the Year
- All students can learn.
- We can always improve.
- Good leadership of a school district starts with the board of education.
- Everyone deserves to be heard on issues and concerns.
- Students should be our #1 priority.
- Accountability and integrity are important in the public school system.
- A common sense of values strengthens communities.
- Our employees are our greatest asset.
- A collaborative approach to problem-solving is in the school’s best interest.
- A conservative approach to tax-payer dollars will benefit our community.
- Strong fiscal management is imperative.